Decisions adopted by the Governing Board on the occasion of its 288th regular meeting on 20 April 2004
Important matters dealt with and decisions taken by the Bank of Slovenia Governing Board on its 288th regular meeting on 20 April 2004:
- The Board assessed the current monetary trends. The implementation of Short-term trends for Monetary Policy will be presented at the press conference at the end of this week.
- The Board amended the minimum bank liquidity requirement. The required percentage share of bank liquid assets in foreign currency is reduced from 80 to 75 per cent and the required minimum amount of Bs Bills in foreign currency has been lowered from 45 to 40 per cent.
- The Board took note of the Bank of Slovenia participation in the EBA STEP 2 payment system, which is characterised by low transaction costs and efficient processing for euro-denominated low value cross - border money-transfers. The Board confirmed the Bank of Slovenia willingness to create a single entry-point to the STEP 2 payment system provided a sufficient bank-interest is identified.
- Upon the expiration, the Board renewed an offer to conclude new contracts for special liquidity-loans, each up to the existing maximum threshold of 15 billion slovene Tolars.
- The Board adopted two new decisions on regulating Foreign- Currency Resident Accounets and Non-Resident Accounts which are replacing the existing decisions. The opening of the above accounts is now subject to the same requirements than the opening of a transaction account . Both decisions will be enacted the day after the publication in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia.