Decisions adopted by the Governing Board on 23 May 2007
05/23/2007 / Press release
- In today’s meeting the Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia adopted the Report on Financial Stability. The Report will be presented in greater detail at a press conference by member of the Governing Board Božo Jašovič and director of the financial stability department Tomaž Košak. The press conference will be held on Friday 25 May at 11.30 in the meeting room at the Bank of Slovenia, Slovenska cesta 35, Ljubljana.
- The Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia adopted a regulation on the system of guaranteed deposits. The regulation was issued on the basis of the new banking act and is also terminologically harmonised with that act. In comparison with the previous system, the regulation contains prescribed special points regarding the definition of guaranteed deposit in caretaker or similar accounts, which the holder might open in his own name and for the account of third persons in line with authorisation pursuant to the law or legal transaction. There is also a more precise definition of deposits, whereby all deposits at banks, including deposits collected at a bank branch, are deemed to be deposits. The only exception to this may be a bank branch in a third country, where so requested by the host country. Banks in Slovenia guarantee the repayment of deposits at bank branches of EU Member States and at bank branches of third countries only if they are included in the Slovenian system and consequently in a proportionate share those branches also guarantee or contribute funds for the repayment of guaranteed deposits under the Slovenian scheme.
- The Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia issued three licences for performing the function of member of the board of Nova Ljubljanska Banka. Licences were issued to Miran Vičič, Alojz Slavko Jamnik and Claude Johan Carel Deroose.
- The Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia resolved that from 1 January 2008 there should be a reduction in the criteria for the minimum unpaid amount of the principal of bank loans appropriate to insure the Bank of Slovenia’s receivables, and for the minimum level of the nominal amount of bank loans that the lender can enter in the register of financial assets at the Bank of Slovenia, from 2 million euros to 500,000 euros. There will also be a simplification of the requirement regarding the authorisation of the debtor concerning disclosure of information from the loan contract to eurosystem, since from January 2008 there will no longer be a requirement for this statement to be contained in the bank loan contract, and it may be provided in other forms. Furthermore, in 2008 there will be an automation of procedures for managing bank loans, specifically concerning the procedure of entry and deletion of a loan in or from the register of financial assets, the procedure of setting up and cancelling insurance on a bank loan entered in the register of financial assets, and the management of bank loans in accordance with the financial assets of counterparties. The Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia will adopt the amendment to the decision establishing and keeping the register of financial assets, which will contain the aforementioned changes, in the final quarter of this year.
- The Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia amended the regulation on the tariff for calculating compensation for the payment services of the Bank of Slovenia. The amendment signifies a reduction in the commission charged for transboundary and international payments. In this way the Bank of Slovenia’s tariffs will continue to be in line with the recommendations of the supervisory board of the Bank Association of Slovenia regarding commission charged to each other for such transactions by Slovenian banks.